[wxqc] Dead links

Paul wxqc at bodosom.net
Mon Jun 13 18:51:59 CDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Jim <unkajim at comcast.net> wrote:

> I did as Philip said and immediately sent the request to correct the link
> to my webpage to cwop-support. I never got an acknowledgement and as of
> today, almost a month later, no edit has been done to the findu page,
> correcting the bad link. cwop-support must be government ran, which would
> explain it I suppose.

Something @noaa-gov is part of NOAA which is run by the US Federal
goverment.  Howerver if you mean the pointer to <
http://ecapmiill.home.comcast.net/> at <
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?&call=CW0825> I'd contact Steve
Dimse who's listed as the site owner.  findu/CWOP are non-govermental
entities -- at http://wxqa.com/ (another private site) you'll find this
"Citizen Weather Observer Program (CWOP) is a public-private partnership"
-- where the public part is MADIS.  MADIS needs to know where your station
is to process your data so they maintain a location database which needs to
be updated by them if you move.