[wxqc] WeatherLink 6.0.3 crashing

Ted Lum gladstonefamily73.net at tedlum.com
Tue Feb 23 15:14:50 CST 2016

My guess is you have the data logger open in one of your Firefox tabs.
Weatherlink-IP data logger in not your typical IP interface; it is a
singleton and cannot handle multiple simultaneous IP connections. It's
priorities are such that it favors new connections over existing
connections. So, if you are in the middle of a download and something
else tries to initiate an IP conversation, it will drop the download and
answer the new connection. You'll also have a problem if you have it set
up to send data to weatherlink.com and then try to use weatherlink
software with it at the same time.

The reason is that it's not a real IP interface, it's RS-232 exposed as
a pseudo-IP interface, and RS-232 can only handle one connection at
time. This was the man reason I returned mine within a week, many, many
years ago.

On 2/23/2016 3:53 PM, Victor Velelli wrote:
> When I launch WeatherLink while running Firefox browser, WeatherLink
> will routinely crash while receiving the accumulated data from the
> logger (IP).  Only if I close Firefox will the transfer of data from
> the logger run completely through.  Screenshot provided.
>
> Thanks

believed to be clean.