[wxqc] Looking for help with Station - Odd shift in analysis

Chris Miller c_miller_1 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:55:31 CST 2016

Calibration shifts are usually after a data loss (power outage causing battery death in the main panel) where I have to get a reading from CYYB and then use few days to trim it to what seemed right.  (storms have been running local power through the grinder here)  I wish the PEET had a better battery life then I would drag it right to the airport.

Then, to find a better way to get my data back running after a power outage, I started using the barometer reading off my phone to get the initial setting and tried comparing the phone to the local pressure at CYYB, when near it, to cross check and it seemed good.  I then used the stations either side of me to test the setting by taking the reads from them and estimating the expected pressure and that seemed to hit similar values when wx was stable.  Is this not a reasonable process?

As far as I know the sensor in the PEET station does not send temp corrected data on the fly and it does not have an altitude setting.  Neither did WUHU.  I only started using the Altitude setting in Weather Display when I started not trusting my math for the altitude correction.

Just to be sure, before I shift it back to the corrected value on the PEET station,  with an altitude of 196m (643 feet i think is correct conversion) and a sensor height of about 6 feet above that how much pressure is the correction factor?  I keep getting 23.6 mb to be added, but I am going to presume my sources are corrupt.