[wxqc] Comparing stations

Michael Roffall mroffall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:26:27 CDT 2011

Don't know what to say.  It isn't a meaningful comparison, but it is what
it is. They do what they do. Probably aren't any stations closer to you.
On Oct 29, 2011 3:47 PM, "Jim Lill" <jlill at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Let me at least QSL your post! I read it...
>
> Jim
> WA2ZKD
>

> On 10/29/2011 4:33 PM, John M. Markle wrote:
>>
>>   Not sure what going on here and as always when I ask something on
wxforums I get ingored so I really  don't expect an answer here either.
>>  Why are station that are 150 miles to 500 miles from me listed on my
summa ry page for comparsion. This is totally useless to me and I ame sure
it is also would be useless to anyone else also. Another thing I notice
some of these
>> stations are under Continetal influces where I am under maritime
influences. Seem to be one would want to be compared to station in one own
enviroment. On this list the first station  listed is 150 miles from me and
the last one is 504 miles. Just 140 miles shy of Seattle, Washington.
Other thing I notice is that they are all PWS stations. Too me this is the
poorest choice to use for comparison as most PWS owner  just throw their
station up and walk away. As long as it seems to be close it is good enough
for them.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=008314629403309390388%3Aknlfnptih9u