[wxqc] Rain Sensor With No Moving Parts

Victor Engel brillig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:10:52 CDT 2011

I'm having trouble finding information about size. It says it ships in
a box that's 8" by 8", though, so let's say the unit fits snuggly in
that box and is round. Let's give 1/2 inch for the packaging. That
leaves 7.5 inches diameter. That has an area of 285 square
centimeters. I think they need to correct their collection area. The
units are definitely wrong, and I suspect the area is wrong, too, if
they intended square centimeters. That would be almost 11 inches in
diameter.

I see another problem. The wind sensors cast rain shadows on the rain sensor.

Victor