[wxqc] Linux

Jim Lill jlill at rochester.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 10:16:36 CDT 2011

I may have described this before, but there's been some updates.

The station I run is an Argent WS-1 which spits out a Peet Logger
string. I process that using a modified version of /G0WCX/'s PHP code
which will run on any Linux box or embedded appliance. That feeds CWOP
via the Internet.  It also produces a file with raw peet data on the
Linux box for reuse. One thing the PHP approach allows is easy
post-processing, error correction, and calculation of other weather
data.  I just started on making a local weather page at
http://www.jimlill.com/weather

-Jim
DW7458