[wxqc] Solar radiation question

Victor Engel brillig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:07:24 CDT 2011

Ted Lum posted this back in July in answer to a query about UV:

"CWOP supporting even solar radiation is debatable. It is in the APRS record
and MADIS does support solar radiation in its data sets, in addition to UV.
However, findu - the bridge in the middle - DOES NOT! So, anything
solarrelated that you do send just falls on the floor. My
understanding was that
findu could not afford - literally - the cost of adding any more parameters
to the database."