[wxqc] Mercury Barometer

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 21 17:11:12 CST 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 16:27:45, Karl Uppiano wrote:

> Year in and year out, our government and bureaucracies feed us new
> rules, regulations and laws having as many side effects and
> unintended consequences as not. Few, if any are ever repealed. After
> a few decades, it becomes oppressive. I think we should push back,
> question authority.

I disagree with your premise that the side-effects are misunderstood.
The side-effects are well understood.  Our governmental bureaucracies
are staffed by graduates of law schools that draft and write the
regulations.  It's clear that they have written the regulations to
ensure a steady income stream when they leave government service for
private practice.

Hmm!  Sounds as if I might have attended law school before deciding
not to be a burden on society.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com