[wxqc] wxqc Digest, Vol 50, Issue 20

A.J deLange ajdel at cox.net
Sat Dec 20 12:13:20 CST 2008

RE:
>> My Anemometer froze up today during the ice storm and is therefore
>> not
>> sending correct data.  Anyone know of a way to keep this from
>> happening in
>> the future?

I'd say this means that water has gotten in where it shouldn't have
and frozen. Obviously the first step is to get that water out. Blowing
it out with compressed air may work if you can disassemble it without
damaging it  to the point where you can direct an air stream at it.
Another idea might be to subject it to warm temperature over a period
of time in the hopes that the moisture will evaporate. Clearly you'd
want warm dry air for this so perhaps put the rotor part (with cups
removed) in a jar with dessicant in a warm place.

Presumably the unit should have been sealed against this kind of
incursion so it seems likely that there is a defective seal or seals
involved here. Identifying and replacing any defective seals will have
to be done or this problem will just reoccur.

A.J.