[wxqc] Mercury Barometer

Jim Crumly jimwc at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 17 10:40:16 CST 2008

Victor

I believe the tube we used was about 36" long.  The process gave us the
process of heating the glass tube to seal it as well as how a barometer is
made and yes we did measure the pressure every day.

I don't remember how accurate it was but it was a learning experience and
may have sparked an interest in weather observation.   I was the one doing
the dunking of the tub in the bowl and I remember watching the level of the
mercury in the bowl coming up to just below the rim of the bowel and
wondering if it would overflow it didn't but was close.   I believe I have
more problems from "Agent Orange" than the mercury. I think we are showing
off our age here.

Jim

CW4367