[wxqc] Analysis Question

Mike Bates n7dq at comcast.net
Wed Dec 10 15:24:31 CST 2008

Alan,

With Weather Display I did the following and there may be something
comparable on WeatherLink:

1. On the console set the altitude
2. On the console set the barometer to the closest reliable barometer,
in my case the airport 5 miles away.
3. In Weather Display on the CWOP setup there was a checkbox that says
"Send Altimeter pressure".  It looks like it now sends the raw
altimeter pressure which CWOP does some magic with  for comparison.
With Weather Link this may not be an issue.

I think items 1 and 2 are the key for me.

Mike - N7DQ

Alan Hensley wrote:
> .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage {
> font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } Mike, I am using WeatherLink
>  5.8.1 Mike, Alan
>
>> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:53:50 -0700 From: n7dq at comcast.net To:
>> wxqc at lists.gladstonefamily.net Subject: Re: [wxqc] Analysis
>> Question
>>
> Alan,
>
> What software are you using? I have found that I had to get the
> software setup as well as the Davis Pro console setup correctly
> first, once I did that things came into alignment.
>
> Mike
>
> Alan Hensley wrote:
>> .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage {
>> font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } After calibrating my Davis
>>  Vantage Pro 2 to match the analysis, I think the analysis is
>> off. I am only 5 miles from Haleyville Airport's expensive Metar
>> reporting equipment. But I am getting an error from the CWOP
>> analysis for some of my readings. My question is, how are these
>> analysis determined? Not only are my readings in line with the
>> Metar reporting station, they are also within tolerances with
>> most of the nearby reporting stations listed at the bottom of the
>>  report.
>
>> Alan

>>  Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get
>> your Hotmail® account.
>

> <http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008>

>>  the archives:
> http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=008314629403309390388%3Aknlfnptih9u
>

>> The contents of this message are the responsibility of the
>> author.

To unsubcribe or change delivery options, please go to:
To search the archives: