[wxqc] Data not uploading

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 3 17:31:40 CST 2008

Russ is pretty much correct, although, unlike the APRS servers we used
to be dependent on, the data stream is not present on port 23 on the
CWOP dedicated servers.  I probably forgot to tell him: My mistake!

That said, I recommend port 14580 as we've had periodic reports that
port 23 is unreliable for some folks.

It is possible, hay, likely, that more and more ISPs are blocking port
23 in both directions, or are interfering with it when it appears to run
a non-interactive stream.  However, 14580 is above the range normally
mucked with by the script kiddies and such, and is usually unmolested by
ISP attempts to keep everyone they serve safe.  I would recommend
changing to 14580 from 23 and see if your problems get better.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this: I've been traveling a bit...
I'll be state-side again tomorrow evening, and the workload is getting
better so it should interfere less with my more enjoyable pursuits like
CWOP!

Gerry