[wxqc] Amateur Lightning Detection

Bob Johnson Weather at JaxWeather.net
Thu Jun 14 15:34:15 CDT 2007

For a simpler local strike detection system check out this 1-wire
Lightning Detector:
http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=65

I have had this running for two years and it is great for local
warning purposes, no direction detection possible but if it goes off
you know lightning is either approaching or in relatively close
proximity.

When it goes off it is a signal to get the kids out of the pool here :)

It can be used with Weather Display software, built in support, for
those that are using WD.
http://weather-display.com
http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,8138.0.html

-Bob

On 6/14/07, whgordon <whgordon at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Thanks for posting this. I had been looking at the Boltek system but it was
> a little pricey for me right now and this would be an interesting challenge.
>
> 73  Bill  K9RWT

JaxWeather.net
Jacksonville, Fl (Lakeshore, 32205) Local Weather
http://JaxWeather.net
--
JaxFountain.com
Dedicated to showcasing and preserving Friendship Fountain