[wxqc] VWSarps servers

Jim Curry jim at lookingout.net
Wed Apr 11 07:47:15 CDT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dshelms at comcast.net
  To: Discussion of weather data quality issues ; 'Discussion of weather data quality issues'
  Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [wxqc] VWSarps servers

  Here is the link to Tim West's VWSAPRS, version 1.9.5:

  "Automatic" will clear the message.

    From: "whgordon" <whgordon at insightbb.com>

    There is a newer version of VWSaprs available - V which you could try. I have not seen the unreliable server message but ever since I switched to rotate.aprs.net port 14580 I have huge gaps in my reporting. When I look at VWS it will be trying random servers and sometimes the only thing to do is kill it and restart it. Never had that problem when I was using the old server configuration on port 23.

    Good Luck

    Bill K9RWT